Monday

Review: Night Storm by Tracey Devlyn


imageNight Storm (Bones and Gemstones #1)
by Tracey Devlyn

Review:

I can’t say how exciting this was. I’ve been waiting a long time for this day! Sure it has only been a year in the making, maybe even less but you don’t know how it was just wating. And now it’s Here!!!!

Tracey has taken to self-publish and I think that’s pretty awesome since many of the authors I read has or are looking into that now a days. It’s awesome to take hold and make plans for yourself.

But any who, this is a totally different and new series from her spy thriller series the Nexus. Sure the hero is a familiar face and name because he had an itty bitty part in the Nexus novels and the heroine made a short stop in Latymer too, but this is a totally new series. I swear I thought it was going to be apart of the Nexus when she hinted at it way back when, but I suppose things change and for the best right? Yup!

Oh Cameron Adair. How he got sexier in this book of his. Being a thief-taker not just makes him sneaky, mysterious and dangerous because of his work, but now he’s playing detective and solving crimes? Heck yes that just made him even more swoon worthy! Plus we got a better look at him (pun intended LOL) in this story. When we saw him last he was an informant and detective for a “friend”. I had a feeling he was going to be someone special with a great story that needed to be told. He was intriguing and mysterious and maybe even cocky? But he was brave and up to the challenge of whatever that was thrown his way. A hero~ Plus, I felt sparks triggered when Cameron was somewhat mentioned at and around the same time as Charlotte.

Now Charlotte was a great heroine for Cameron. Who knew they had so much history! She’s an apothecary and from what we can find, there’s nothing that said there were any female medicine women. But of course we knew they were around, just not recorded in the records by men. Anyways, Charlotte is a very smart and passionate person. She does her own thing and doesn’t need the lectures and rules of men to tell her what to do. Of course her relationship with people can be distant –Cameron– but it can also be fierce and loyal.

I might be biased because I love this author, but really, I love murder mystery crime thrillers and romance all in one! Yes it’s a romance novel but it doesn’t over power the whole book. The mystery is still all there and just as huge as the romance. The story also really does get you on your heels and on the edge of your seat trying to solve the crime. Plus some fling and steam is thrown in there to keep you happy.

Oh, and all the characters were fabulous. I loved their interactions and how much each of them care for one another when things get dirty. And the relationship between Cameron and Charlotte had its rough edges but as they got reacquainted, their painful past were revealed and they had to plow through. Of course they got passed it but it was not easy. Quite an angst ride I’ll say.

But I loved it. I definitely can’t wait for the next book!!! I’ll have to read this again and definitely her Nexus series again just to have it all as one whole series and not its own series. But it totally works as a standalone story too.

I give this a 4.5 out of 5.

This eARC was provided by the author for an honest review.

1 comment: