Tuesday

Review: The Defender by Adrienne Giordano

The Defender Cover Synopsis:

A TOUGH-AS-NAILS FBI SPECIAL AGENT AND A STUNNING BLONDE ATTORNEY WITH SOMETHING TO PROVE JOIN FORCES IN THE DEFENDER…..
By all accounts, Penny Hennings was the sort of woman FBI special agent Russell Voight went for. Smart, sexy and with just enough sass to keep him honest. Then she went sticking her nose in undercover FBI business. He knew her legal reputation would skyrocket if she won this case. But every move she makes undoes all the work Russell’s put into taking down the city’s biggest crooks. And the criminals they’re after will do anything to avoid the witness stand—including kill. So it’s time to pool their resources and collaborate. Even if working together everyday day takes them late into the night…and into the line of fire.
Review:
 
Oh my gosh! This story left me all giddy inside after I finished reading it! That last chapter just got my eyes swelling in happiness~ Awwww

I have to say Adrienne knows how to keep me in tack, and hook! Right from the beginning she gave us what we wanted and the pace of the story just brought us right in to what was going on. The adventure! She didn’t let us dwindle on with slow information but threw us into the action with gun fires!

I had to pause just to get my bearing together because I thought I was missing something, like the backstory or the beginning but nope, she just dumped you into the loop and off you went on a roller coaster ride!

And man did I really had fun. Both these characters were a battle of wills right from the beginning and I already knew that this was going to get nasty, but in a good way between the two. And with their fierce attraction to each other and not denying it at the earliest opportunity they got, I was right aboard.

Sure there were high tension between the two because of their careers and current missions but they were so blunt and to the point with their attraction from the start to each other that I didn’t expect that would shock me so but it did. And I was really happy about it. A really great way to get to the heart of it and lay it down on the battlefield. Love it!

And shall I say both these characters are stubborn and commending as Heck! They will not back down what so ever! I surely thought it was an unlikely chance for them to get together but Russell is one Heck of a crazy man to fall in love with Penny. Not that Penny doesn’t deserve to be loved but man can she man handle a grown man! I truly applaud her.

Penny is one strong and independent woman. She won’t take no for an answer easily and she will get what she wants one way or another, unless she promised you otherwise. She tough and to the point but is in control of her self and can get a bit crazy with her work but it’s all in defending her clients. Her flaws: speaking out of turn, judging folks, always blaming herself, clean freak, quick to counter attack (verbally), bossy and mouthy. But it works in her line of work.

Russell is one powerful dude but was cut straight and man handle, for the first time and hopefully not exactly the last time *wink wink*, by the one and only Penny. He’s strong and attentive to his work and can be overbearing but that’s just him doing his job. He’s also caring and loving. Crying is is weakness because he can’t handle it of others, especially girls cry. He has pride and holds it highly with that, if he loses his trust in you, well, things will look bad. Flaws…..? Nahh, I don’t think he has any. Heehee~

One thing I super found interesting and love about these two were that they understood each other and use that to their advantage. Because they were so similar they got along well when others would have scoffed off already. And their banters were to die for. I loved enery tension and heart beating second of it! It got me on the edge of my seat waiting for their next move and I wasn’t disappointed.
And one thing I found I super love about this couple were at the last couple of pages. They still managed to surprise each other. That’s just…..awwww~

Plus, we got to see Zac again! Penny already made her introduction in Zac’s novel, The Prosecutor, so we couldn’t leave him out in Penny’s. He has a pretty huge role in this one as Penny did in Zac’s novel so it’s pretty even between the two. I would have loved to see more of their eldest brother David but…we’ll see. I want to get his side of the story and maybe a compromise??

But I’m looking at Jenna to have her own story and maybe even to ha e it with Brent? Or would David be a better fit?? *shrugs*

But l definitely loved this book! I definitely enjoy action!

This book was provided by the author for an honest review~

Rating: 4.5 out 5

No comments:

Post a Comment