Wednesday

Review: eARC My Real by Mallory Grant


Mallory Grant EBook

Review:

Wow. I knew I liked the back blurb for the book but I didn’t know I was going to like it this much. 

This is the first Mallory Grant book I read and I’m hoping it won’t be my last. I don’t read many contemporary romances but when I do they are just amazing. I also love how it’s told in first person which worked really well with both POVs and with getting to know who they are and what they’re thinking.

So we have Andrew who’s getting a divorce from his cheating wife and hopes to claim full custody of their 4 year old daughter, Emerson. He has returned to his college town to start over.

Bailey has just started summer vacation and her marriage is now officially over. With her cheating husband now out of her life her best friend Emma is taking her out for drinks and a little fun. She soon spots her long ago ex- best friend’s boyfriend now husband, Andrew and things starts to heat up.
When Andrew finds out that his college crush Bailey has recently become single, he jumped at the chance at love and everything right and soon they begin a quick and very romantic affair that Andrew hope will never slip away from him again.

I absolutely adore this couple. Yes I thought it was a super crazy fast hook up and romance between the two but it worked. They had so much history and background that their love for eachother was already in place and was just waiting for them to jump at the chance to “do it!”

I also love the background information on their past relationship with their now ex-spouses. Well, Bailey’s at least because she was the one I felt hurting the most because she’s a woman and because her husband was an assh. She had a lot of insecurities because of her ex and it was very surprising to see her strip, and I mean literally strip it all away when Andrew came into the picture. It was also very….. unbelievable in a sense but understandable because she had to prove her ex wrong about herself being “plain Jane” so it was okay too for her huge change in confidence.

Andrew I adore, and little Emerson too! He’s such a great dad and can I say very loving and romantic. Gosh he was like just so perfect! I just thought he was dumb for marrying his ex even after all the cheating when they were still dating and all, but I guess he was grieving when he lost Bailey after she found herself a boyfriend, her now ex-husband.

I will also have to say I read this like it was a NA romance. Not sure how that makes me feel because they’re in their early 30′s but yeah. They sometime act or at least made me feel like they were still in their 20′s but I guess it worked?

But all in all, the book was amazing, I hated their exs, Bailey sometime got on my nerves but I moved passed it. Their best friends on the other hand should get their own book! They were super helpfull in bring these two people together they should absolutely get their love story told. Which I think there is a very high chance that they will.

There were many typos, editing, and grammar flaws but understandable because I received an ARC so it’s all good. Hope the finished edit is great. So yes, it was a great read and for any fast romance development with second chances and healing, this will be great.

This eARC was provided by the publishers.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment