Monday

Review: The Gift by Karli Perrin



Synopsis:
It was the weekend before Christmas and the whole world was on countdown. 
Except for me.
Last Christmas, I met a boy.
Last Christmas, we made a pact.
Christmas would never be the same.
Life would never be the same…

 
the gift teaser (2)

Author Bio

Karli Perrin is a 25 year old English Language & Linguistics graduate from Manchester, England. She has always been a big lover of books and is the author of the ‘April’ series.
She is a big believer of fate and is a sucker for a happy ending. She honestly believes that there is a reason why you are reading this right now (apart from the fact that you are awesome!)
Her ultimate goal in life is to live in a house made entirely out of books with her best friend, who also happens to be her fiancé.
…Hogwarts is plan B.

Follow Karli at:
Twitter      Facebook      Goodreads

Review:
“What! What!!!!!!”

That was what I was saying at the end of this story.

But I just got to say that I absolutely loved this. LOVED IT!!!

From the very beginning I was hooked and from the very first meeting I couldn’t stop smiling. For reals.

This story was so romantic it was like, I don’t know, a miracle, a dream come true, something out of a book! Mind blowing, for me anyways. And Love at first sight! And I wanted this to happen to me!!!! I am single so I can dream can’t I.

I was all smiles and giddy joy of happiness. I loved it from the front to the back of the book.
But there were also uncertainties at the back of my mind. It came off as a heartfelt story when I first read the blurb but it wasn’t. Nope.

I couldn’t believe it by the time I was waiting for something grand or huge to happen, it left me hanging bared, giddy, and nowhere to put it all. That, was where my frustration came in.

“Why Karli, WHY??!!!” *weeps*

You made me all happy and then ripped it right out of my heart. You made me build my anticipation up for nothing. I am saddened. *sighs* It wasn’t a sad story, trust me. I was happy throughout the whole reading process.

I’m not sure if my disappointment is valid because this was such a short, and I mean a very short but super fantastic read. I thought it would be longer. I should have listened to the advice you, Karli pointed out but I thought it wasn’t going to be that way exactly. More the bummer for me.
I love you Karli and your writing is exactly how I love it, but you just toyed with my heart. You are such a tease!

I might sound angry, which I am not yet it might sound like it, because I just wanted more. Like a lot more. I wanted some heartbreak, some pain, some retribution and revelations, lost and found, forgiveness. Like pretty much everything that makes a romance novel.

Yes, I know this is a novella but still, I wanted all that in this short space of time.
But I couldn’t have it that way. I guess I was anticipating too much after April Showers? It did leave me hanging too right? I should have known better. That or I am just a crazy romance drama queen who has no-one to love but her books? Hmmm…..

Either way, I still absolutely love this novella and would highly recommend it for a super short quickie romance HEA. Must I say beware though?

I will have to dive back into this story with less assumptions to really enjoy this book the next time.
P.S. I absolutely LOVE the hero. I want him! Oh gosh you don’t know how much I want him! I don’t think I have ever felt this way before. Lies I know, but it has been awhile and he is most definitely the one. Swoon~ Oh gosh I am going crazy over a fictional hero. Thank you Karli, thank you. I am saying that sarcasticly. LOL

But oh, I so love him! He’s so dreamy and my kind of guy~ You Karli really know how to work a girl’s fantasy.

This eARC was provided by the author for an honest review.

4.85 out of 5
(so close, so sorry, apologies)

No comments:

Post a Comment