Monday

Review~No Good Duke Goes Unpunished


no good duke mm cNo Good Duke Goes Unpunished
The Third Rule of Scoundrels
By: Sarah MacLean
Buy Links
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can I just say how much I enjoyed this book! Wow. I got this book as an ARC from Avon in loose leaf paper format and well, I couldn’t wait for it to be released on it’s release date! Why? Well you should all know why like all of us here. It is to see Chase! Sorry Temple, Chase may have bumped you off an inch but we still love you.

But yes, it was to read Chase’s epilogue at the end of Temple’s story! We finally get to see who this Ring leader of the Fallen Angels is! And we don’t have this ultra secret scene in the ARC copy! Super glad I got my print book in time for my date for the tour~ And not just that but I also got it from Avon BEFORE it released some days ago~ Which seems a life time ago now.
Anyways, here's my review~

Review:

I absolutely think this is my second favorite book in this series at the moment. Even though it’s the third book and we still have one more to go, this has pushed the intelligent accountant Cross from his post.

And don’t get me started when I got to the end and saw the words “epilogue”!!! I went insane and all giddy. Oh yes, the super secret epilogue all we readers had been waiting for!!!But back to Temple. He is the giant beast we’ve seen and heard of from these past two books. The fighter and humorous giant that tortured his two closes friends when they were at love’s door. And now it is his turn.

Ms. MacLean had called him the calm and peaceful member of the group and that was due to his very dark and sad past. Being known as the “Killer Duke” because he had “murdered” his future step-mother, he learned to control his movements and emotions for twelve years so that he can never hurt anyone ever again. Well, aside from being in the ring where everything is fought fairly, or while protecting someone out in the streets that is dear to him.

Temple Temple Temple. I was super surprised at how much control he had over himself while dealing with all the emotions and confusing things when it came to Mara. He got me to admire his strength and patience when he had the right to bring hell to the lady for her careless action. Temple also got me to forget that humorous fighter I adored and loved from the other books. Why? Because this was such a different side of him that I wasn’t prepared for, which got me swooning for him even more. He had so much depth in his character that I just wanted to hold him and make him smile even if for a little while. And most definitely wanted to be that lady that held his attention. Those hard plains and features and Tattoos!!! Gosh I just wanted to lick him myself as quoted by Mara. LOL

But sadly, Mara. Mara Lowe. I really didn’t like her that much in the first half of the book. She really got under my skin and made me side with Temple on almost every aspect. Though I understood her reasons for her actions, I just didn’t think it was enough to keep on taunting him. Or the fact that she would always hide her reasons when Temple clearly gave her the chance to speak up and tell him the truth without him getting angry. It would have saved so much time on a lot of the misunderstandings.
Yet this is a romance and it would have made for a very short story in which we wouldn’t have gotten a chance to better aquatint ourselves with Chase and contemplate on who this mysterious Leader may be, or see the close friendship between Bourne, Cross, Chase, and the whole staff at The Angel. But as always, Mara does get better and I really do love her remarks at times when it came to teasing Temple to do her biddings.

Though I felt like it was a slow beginning and then rushed towards the end with their relationship, there had been great sexual tension between Mara and Temple throughout the whole book and with the added misunderstandings and confessions, it just stretched out their mending process to their HEA.

I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy it because I really did. And it had me on edge and turning the pages as horror struck in the dead of night. It took me a bit longer to read through this to my surprise but I Love it!

There are some questions I thought needed answering which I will direct to Sarah if I find her email, otherwise off to FB I go. But I am super happy that we now know the secrets of Chase and how much the four of them work well to compliment each other.

This ARC was provided by Avon Publishing.

5/5
5 review

No comments:

Post a Comment