Wednesday

Review: A Little Too Much

A Little Too Much (A Little Too Far, #2)
Blurb:

In the follow-up to Lisa Desrochers’ explosive New Adult novel A Little too Far, Alessandro Moretti must face the life he escaped and the girl he loved and left behind.

Twenty-two year old Hilary McIntyre would like nothing more than to forget her past. As a teenager abandoned to the system, she faced some pretty dark times. But now that’s all behind her. Hilary has her life on track, and there’s no way she’ll head back down that road again.

Until Alessandro Moretti—the one person who can make her remember—shows up on her doorstep. He’s even more devastatingly gorgeous than before, and he’s much too close for comfort. Worse, he sees right through the walls she’s built over these last eight years, right into her heart and the secrets she’s guarding.

As Hilary finds herself falling back into love with the man who, as a boy both saved and destroyed her, she must decide. Past or future? Truth or lies?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review:

I am very surprised at how much I enjoyed reading this book. Lisa Desrochers did a fabulous job at creating characters that had many many layers and depth that we couldn’t help but love and hope for a happy ever after. I’ll have to admit that if you didn’t tear up from reading this book I don’t know what you are but a punk.

As you may well know, Alessandro was a super important character from Lisa’s first book, A Little Too Far. We met him in Rome days before promising himself to God to become a priest. And as you will know, he didn’t take that oath as this is his story, although told from a girl whom he had sinned and is a ghost in his dark and shadowy past, this was still an amazing read into his life.

Hilary McIntyre also is a character that had a lot of work put into her. Her past was so surprising that I was speechless as I read. I have to admit that I had to stop and pause in my thinking many times just to let everything sink in. She was so real that I wanted to go mad with reading. Not saying that it was a bad thing because it is a really good thing, but I just…. I really felt for her. Everything she did was so normal and understanding that I had to like her. Though I hated some of the things she said to herself and thought about others, like calling a lady she didn’t even know a b…. because she was jealous while the lady was helping her learn to dance. That just really got me huffing and rolling my eyes in aghast. But I supposed that’s how a 23 year old woman think like.

Since this is in the POV of Hilary we don’t get to know what’s going through Alessandro’s mind but only see it through his actions and facial expressions.

I have to say I absolutely love Alessandro. Knowing him from the previous book and then knowing him in this is just a dream come true. Even though we still don’t get to see it through his POV it is still an accomplishment to know his past and how much he wants to change and make things better for his and Hilary’s future.

He’s so understanding and maybe that was due to the fact that he was supposed to be a priest but knowing his childhood, he has always been the protective and sensitive type. Though he had done wrong, it wasn’t through him alone but with his older brother whom he idolized that got him to sin. You know from his actions that he loves Hilary through his self control and friendship with her. And I absolutely Love him for that.

This was an amazingly heart pulling, romantic, and forgiving love story. I highly recommend. And you don’t have to read the first book to know the story!

This eARC was provided by Avon via Edelwiess.

4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment