Monday

Review: Seduced by Cari Quinn + Taryn Elliott

Seduced (Lost in Oblivion, #0.5)
Seduced (Lost in Oblivion 0.5)
A PREQUEL to the NA rock star series Lost In Oblivion.
Warning: get ready for a testosterone overload. The guys are in the driver’s seat in Seduced – and the ride’s gonna rock.
Twenty-three year old Nick Crandall has one focus in his life: Oblivion, the band he formed with his best friend Simon Kagan. With gigs coming up and the band members lacking focus after losing their drummer to rehab, they’re out of ideas. Until Oblivion’s bassist, Deacon McCoy, poses a surprising suggestion.
Bring in someone new. Two someones.
One You Tube video gone viral later, Oblivion is poised on the brink of stardom. With their new hot drummer chick — who comes in a package deal with a talented guitarist who happens to be head over pick in unrequited love with her – it seems like everything’s falling into place. Or will the band Nick and Simon have fought to keep together disintegrate before their eyes?
Four guys & one woman + more success than they ever bargained for = trouble, of the sexiest kind.
Get Seduced by this novel-length introduction to the band Oblivion. This preview occurs before the four forthcoming books about each of the band members. Sometimes getting lost means finding yourself…
Reader Advisory: Seduced isan upper-level NA romance appropriate for mature audiences over 18 due to graphic sex and drug references.
Review:
I was surprise that I liked this book about music, boys in man’s bodies trying to make it big in the music-Rock Star industry.

But I really liked how each chapter switch off back and forth from Nick to Simon so that we got to see what they were doing or thinking at that same moment which was awesome.

The two band mates are best friends and they are what we call opposites. They compliments each other and have something that the other doesn’t have but work very well together.

Though they do fight a lot. And I mean A Lot in this book they still come out pretty well.

I was surprise and glad that the story started off with the group already having problems and building tensions. It kept me on heighten senses of what will happen next to make all hell break loose!
When the two new members were added to the group: Gray and Jazz; even more tension were
added to the already on edge band. Although I really liked Gray and Jazz, in a way I felt like they were better off alone. They were the only two that were going to be going places in the music industry because they were both talented and are music geniuses. Gray, a guitar freak and Jazz plays the drums, key board and the guitar. Should I say Jazz is a girl! Yeah, and Gray is very protective of her. Some history there.

But when I first meet Nick I was impress with him. How he think and saw his friends, how he saw himself; he is a broken boy in a man’s body. He had a tough childhood and well, I felt for him. He is very attached to his band and he has trouble with change. But the biggest thing for him is being in a band and wanting to make it big but to have stage fright!? That was the biggest struggle for him- at the moment til the new members (Jazz).

When we’re in Nick’s head I can say that I disliked his friends/band mates. Seeing them from his view was like seeing people you couldn’t work with, people who won’t contribute anything to the group but good looks and leaving everything for you to do. But than we get into Simon’s head and well, all that changed….

Simon was intriguing. I though I would dislike him from what I got from Nick’s view but, Wow, how wrong was I on that point! Simon is actually thoughtful and thinks highly of his friends, though he does act like a jerk because, hey, that’s what he has to do right? Play the jerk lead singer of a band and get the girls. I was surprise that he knows more about his friends than what he lead on. He really cares for them and Nick worries him greatly which I adored~ But I love seeing him from his head and well, we get to see how much I changes too.

Deacon, the bass guitarist in the group was also great.  I really liked him at first because he was the quiet rational peace maker of the group but later I fell out of him.

I loved seeing their struggles through both of their eyes because they both see things so differently. But I do at times wished that they would just speak with each other and get everything off their chest and mind and relax. I know they’re guys, but it would have loosen some tension between the band.

I did have problems with Jazz sadly. I Liked her and her sassy spunky self but I felt like she was the trouble in the band and well, I agreed with Nick and Simon when their first thought was, “She will be trouble,” “That’s why girls aren’t suppose to be in a band.” (or at least a guy band at that). Though she did add spunk and attitude (and bring the guys) she just caused trouble and brought more rift and tension. Her relationship with Nick was cool but when she kept on coming on to him when he and she knew it was wrong, I just wanted her to leave or something and let them be because she should know better in a band! And Gray, poor Gray…. I guess I survived though.

Oh, and I did skim over some of the sexy scenes because I just wanted the story not the loving. They were great but I just didn’t feel it at that moment because of all the tension and I just wanted to see what would happen next.

After all this I think I adore Simon more just because. Nick is a great leader but I felt like Simon had more backbone. Though Simon didn’t show how much he loved the band like Nick did, he did as much as he could and needed to contribute to the band. He was that rake and rouge.

This book is fabulous! Filled with tension, action packed, erotica….love triangles! It was something new to me. Though it’s an NA, it is far from it, so be warned!!! As sad in the synopsis.

Both these ladies are great writers and really got down how men thinks. They are just fabulous!

This book was provided by author: Cari Quinn for an honest review.


4 review

No comments:

Post a Comment