Sunday

Review: The Officer and the Bostoner by Rose Gordon

The Officer and The Bostoner (The Officer series #1)
by Rose Gordon


Blurb:

Allison Pearson is a well-to-do young lady traveling by stagecoach from her home in Boston to meet her intended in Santa Fe, but instead finds herself stranded in a military fort in the middle of Indian Territory when her stagecoach leaves without her.

Given the choice to either temporarily marry an officer until her intended can come rescue her or take her chances with the indians, she marries the glib Captain Wes Tucker, who unbeknownst to her, grew up in a wealthy Charleston family and despises everything she represents.

But when it’s time for her beau to reclaim her and for Allison and Wes to annul their marriage, will she want to go with him, and more importantly, will Wes let her?

Review:

I’ll just start off with how much I enjoyed this awesome read! I don’t often read western romance or romance set during the American revolution so I was highly surprise at how much I liked this story. But of course I would! I’ve enjoyed Rose Gordon’s works before and this was no different. Sure it was different from her other books-not set in England and their word and speech terms were different- but everything was still as romantic and entertaining as her last series. ~Ah the Bank Brothers~

Anyways, I really loved this book! I was hooked on it and fascinated by it in the first couple of pages and even more invested when we met the hero! Wes was a very likeable, and I mean like, a lot~, piece of a man! He has humor and the sarcastic teasing jest personality, the hot sexy strong broad shoulders and protective type written all over him. Mmmmmm~ Did I mention he’s an Officer in the American Army? And a Captain! Stationed in hot sweaty Texas, all hot sweaty and tan all over! He sounds and looks good on horse back too! He has a mysterious past and secrets that might help or break him. And He’s willing to give you his name to protect you – from Indians, other soldiers, and even his friends- at all cost! So, what will it be?

Although at first I was struck at how crazy the heroine acted, it was understandable and tolerable to why she acted the way she did at her first arrival. Heroine, Allison is vulnerable and has lost a lot in her days but being stuck in the middle of nowhere was something uncalled for.  She’s from the big city of Boston and have never lived close to being a beggar in her life!  So it was quite surprising she could move pass it and live on a Fort! Well, she had no other choice anyways.  She’s promised to be married to another man, waiting for her at the end of her supposed trip, but then ended up married to the sexy Officer who’s willing to give his name to protect her virtue. She’s attracted to the offending man and at every turn he makes her heart skip a beat, but she has to stay calm if her intended were to come for her, or risk losing it all.

I like that Allison’s a  determined and strong willed young lady and very adaptable to her new surroundings.  Although she did bicker at the beginning about her surrounding she didn’t complain much about the life style afterwards. I loved watching her grow from a vulnerable proper young lady into a strong independent woman comfortable in her skin.  There were times in the story that I disliked her because things would have been understood better if she’d just said something! But then it made for very enjoyable moments in the story yet other times  brought on “eye-rolls and head-shaking” moments.

The same thing could be said for Wes too on not saying something during a particular moment but then quite understandable from his position. and made for funny inter actions and eye widening smiles. I liked that he was fairly straight forward in what he wanted to say and was persistent in keeping Allison comfortable even though he, himself wasn’t sure about it. I TOTALLY Love Wes! Everything about him I adore~ Every little thing he said to Allison down to the things he did for her was sweet, romantic, and very thoughtful. He is what I would call me a perfect hero~ Or Husband!
There was the fact that I didn’t quite enjoy the ending as I would have liked due to some factors but I’ll just move away from that. I thought some things weren’t needed in the book and could have been omitted or left out. While other things could have been presented in a different manor and time, but I’m not the writer so it’s  not my place to say but just my opinion. Minor grammar and spelling problems so yeah.

All in all I very much enjoyed this book and do hope you readers try it out and adore it too. This was a funny, entertaining, sarcastic bickering filled with with-held sexual tensions and sweet intentions to woo your wife into staying kind of read. This will make you smile from ear to ear at every scene between the couple and their secret ogling at each other down to conversations with Wes’ friends. You will have a blast!

This eARC was provided by the Author through NetGallery.
4 review

No comments:

Post a Comment