Tuesday

Review: eARC Anything But Sweet by Candis Terry

Anything But Sweet
by Candi Terry
Avon Books
Released Date: June 25th, 2014

Blurb:

HE’S STUBBORN AND THOROUGHLY MALE . . .

If Charlotte Brooks thinks she and her TV makeover show can turn Reno Wilder’s hometown upside down, he’ll be happy to prove her wrong. The x-Marine has seen too much turmoil and he likes Sweet, Texas, just the way it is. Traditional. Familiar. A little dull. Everything Charli isn’t. But instead of backing off from his scowls like everyone else, Charli digs in her skyscraper heels.

SHE’S TENACIOUS AND WICKEDLY TEMPTING . . .


Reno Wilder is a one-man unwelcoming committee, but Charli isn’t budging. It’s clear the gorgeous cowboy needs an overhaul just as much as Sweet. Someone needs to break him out of that gruff shell and show him how fun and rewarding a little change can be.

THEY’RE ABOUT TO FIND THAT LOVE IS ANYTHING BUT PREDICTABLE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review:

This was my first read from Candis Terry and I’ll say I love her writing and her characters right off the bat, especially her heroes but this book really got my jaw tensing and teeth clenching tight!
Reno Wilder has lost lost of loved ones in his life and he most definitely doesn’t like change. He’s a cowboy, he runs a hardware and feed store, a build it your self type of man; a very hard, broken and tortured man with a big heart but stubborn as heck kind of man. He’s a stay out of my personal life and leave me to my own thing kind of man. But he is also a loving, caring, touching kind of man. But when a Bossy pretty lady from the big life came to town to change up his small town, it throws him in over his head. Angry that this little miss would target his hardware store and place it on the lists of changes and for his attraction towards her, he plan to counter attack and show her that changing the town will bring only havoc. That is if he can stop falling into her traps!

Charlotte ‘Charli’ Brooks is a designer who came to Sweet, Texas with her recording crew to redecorate the town from the requests of the residents. Out spoken and determined to get the job done she has no time to waste. On a short budget she has to depend on the town for help and most likely from the swoon worthy scowling broad shoulders cowboy rancher. Raised by a barely there military father and having nowhere to call home, she is drawn to the little town and wonder if it can be call home. But the very man to ruin her plans of making it big for the town is tying her up in strings, but does she have a plans for him! She will not look away from a challenge. Tying him around her fingers will be fun.

This was a great story and I loved the secondary characters, Reno’s mother and his brothers. I really want to get to know them better and see where life takes them in this little town. But I most definitely want to see the lovely ladies who will touch their hearts and bend their knees!

I super adore and love Reno and his brothers! But as I mention before, this book got me clenching my teeth!

Charli, Charli, Charli. I didn’t really like her. She was great and I know she was doing great things for the town but I couldn’t help but be on Reno’s side about keeping the town how it is and just fixing things up would have been just fine, but to change up the town? I was not so much on that side.
So the first couple of chapters I just disliked her. She was bossy and annoying! And Reno, poor Reno…..I just wanted her to leave him be! Stop talking and making him mad and crazy because you’re making me mad! I guess I read this whole book in the point of view from Reno. I’m a lot like him, we don’t like to be bothered and picked and jabbed at. And when there’s something we don’t like we stick too it. I don’t know, I will always have this feeling towards Charli even though I’ve moved passed it as the story went, but it’ll still be here, so maybe I haven’t moved on.

But it was good~ And I hated it! I almost didn’t want to read any more of it, and throw it in the did not finish pile, (which I don’t even have!) I had to stop a couple of times but I just had to keep on reading. I had to find out the ending….  Although it was predictable, I wanted to know how everything transpired.

All in all it was great. I love the characters and their little town and it was all a big happy go party community! I do really want to read the brothers stories though so I’ll look up on it when they become available.

This eARC was provided by Avon via Edelweiss.

3 half review

No comments:

Post a Comment