Tuesday

Review: Winning a Bride by Jade Lee

winningWinning a Bride (Bridal Favors #2.5)
Jade Lee

Blurb:

An original novella introducing Jade Lee’s hot new Regency bride series.
Due to his aristocratic family’s downfall, William Benton serves as steward on the land his brother should have inherited. His one weakness is for the daughter of the new owner.

Josephine Lawton is beautiful, charming, and enamored of titles and all things aristocratic. So when she becomes engaged to a man he knows to be a wastrel and a fool, Will puts all his passion into restoring his family’s honor and winning the woman he loves. It’s going to be a hot summer on the estate.

Review:

I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed reading this book!
Although it’s a novella I wasn’t expecting for it to be so long (or at least to reach pass 200 pages!). But didn’t I always want more from short novellas I come across? Well of course, so I got what I wanted, right?

So we here we have the hero, William Benton, who is the second son of a Lord. He’s smart, handsome, hands on, responsible, and well….the turned steward of his former home. Why? you ask. Well, his brother or father apparently lost sold away their land in a drunken game of chance uproar. Now he’s determined to get his family’s land back and to do that he has decided to win the hand of his employee’s daughter; even if he has to resort to a seduction to get her there.

Josephine Lawton, the beautiful elder daughter of Lord Lawton is wild, lack propriety, interesting, and is a spinster! Too wild and different from her fairer sex, she finds it difficult fitting into London society and now, also in the country. But she has always fancy the  handsome steward in the country from a close distance until one festival night where her dreams were dashed. But now her father is eager to wed her off even calling one in from Scotland to whisk her away. What for her to do?  So she plans to tame her wild soul if she wants to get married to the Scot and learn to be a proper lady. But at least the steward and her are on speaking terms again, but he seems determined on something, but what is it?

The characters are loveable! Even the man Josephine is supposed to be engaged too, the Scot! That was highly uncalled for! I actually wanted him, Mr. Alastair Montgomery, to be with the heroine or at least with the nanny or Megan, Jo’s younger sister. I really loved his frankness and honesty with Jo and how they speak openly about their opinions and thoughts on things, and how they are most definitely on the same page of things. He’s smart honest and sincere, and well, I like him a lot! I would most definitely love to see a book dedicated to him, no doubt!

The story was super sweet and fast paced. These two characters has known each other for about five years and has smothered their feelings as best they can. And of course there would be obstacles in the way and it’s highly understandable to the reasons why there would be difficulty between a steward and a Miss, let alone someone trying to get his family land back.

Will is just adorable! I love everything he has done though some weren’t liked but highly understandable do to some circumstances. I love that he’s honor bond and even as the second son tried to take charge and do the best he could for the village and its residents, going as far as to defend Lord Lawton and his family, against his dismay at the lost family land.

I guess I Loved everything about it this book because I don’t remember what I didn’t like, though at one point I did lose interest, somewhere, but over all everything was Fantastic! I most definitely love their conversations! Between Jo and Will and between Jo and Alastair! These conversations were what made me love them~

But of course the next book is about the missing Benton Heir and brother so I can not wait for it! And of course Jade, you should write a book for Alastair! I bet I’m not the only one asking for it :D

This eARC was provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca Publisher via NetGallery.

4 half review

No comments:

Post a Comment