Saturday

Review: What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston

Lady Georgette Thorold has always been wary of marriage, so when she wakes up next to an attractive Scotsman with a wedding ring on her finger, it’s easy to understand why she panics and flees. 
Convinced that Georgette is a thief, her may-be husband, James McKenzie, searches for her. As both try to recall what happened that fateful night, they begin to realize that their attraction and desire for each other is undeniable. But is it enough?


This is Jennifer's debut book and it was excellent~! I really enjoyed how the story took place within a 24 hours basis. Which is very different from many of the other romance books I've read. I understand why some readers didn't like it so much but as for me, I didn't have any problems with it. I loved it~

I loved our heroes Lady Georgette Thorold and Lord James MacKenzie! They encounter some very funny situations and made me laugh at every turn while they were on the hunt for each other, and for their lost memories of the past night. The villagers of the little town of Moraig were also a part of what made this book great. They add for a very entertaining and hilarious village and makes me want to be apart of it. 

Did I mention that James has a beard? Well yes, he does. He sports a very robust beard that, apparently every Scotsman wore which I keep forgetting and always comes to a surprise to me when ever it is mention. So every time I felt frustrated at him I wanted to shave it off.

There was rarely any problems for me in her debut book, although throughout the whole story the two characters don't meet until the middle of the book. Maybe 1/3 into the book, I don't remember but yeah, it's not for awhile. They also didn't admit that they liked each other till way past the half point, although there was an attraction lingering in the mist. There also wasn't any love scenes till the very end of the book if anyone was wondering. This didn't bother me but it made me want more and felt like the ending was rushed and could have been better.

I think this being Jennifer's debut book it was great. She has a great talent in telling their story and its fast pace made it impossible for me to even put the book down to eat! I can't wait to read more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment