Friday

Review: Helmetgirls: Art of Camilla d'Errico Volume 2 by Camilla d'Errico

by Camilla d'Errico and Chris Warner
Camilla d'Errico is a powerful voice in pop surrealism, her work combining diverse influences in imagery both singular and hauntingly familiar. Compelling and deeply personal, Helmetgirls documents Camilla's art and lifestyle brand that fuses manga, steampunk, and fine art into an original and meaningful aggregate. Gargantuan biomechanical headgear adorns beautiful, wide-eyed, and seemingly fragile girls. More than just decoration, the helmets express each girl's character, needs, and desires. Look deeply into the Helmetgirls' eyes - they have a story to tell.
Review:
I just got to say this was one of the best Art books I have looked upon~ I'm a huge fan of Manga and Anime artworks and have my own collection of Manga comic books stacked in my very packed and over stuffed bookshelf. I also love to draw and anime is one of the genre that I draw the most during my feel time and others. Did I mention I am also an artist myself? Well, I am receiving my B.A in Art so that means something. But still, I am over joyed to have gotten a chance to see d'Errico's artworks within this book and get it in advance~ 
Seeing d'Errico's art in this book just inspired me to make my own work of anime! It has been in my head for years now but I never really gotten the chance to create it since I never thought that I could, especially through painting. And, most some of my art teachers don't think it's realistic enough to be painted which also was a drawback to my manga-animesque mind. 
d'Errico's work are just magnificent. They're beautiful and peaceful to look and admire. I just wished I new what their sizes were because to think if they were on large canvases, say 5ft or something, they would be breath taking. Many of her work are inspired by the industrial era and the mechanical tools. In this collection of her work it's all about Helmet the girls are wearing and they are highly elaborated and complex~  The colors and details on the helmets are marvelous; the metal and steal are perfectly executed in her painting and in every medium. Her art also reminded me of the steam punk genre especially with all the metal, tools, chains, screws, and gears. Which I love~ 
Anyone who love art and graphic novels, especially the manga anime genre should check out her work, and this book!
I definitely have to purchase my San Diego Comic-Con  ticket just to see her work in person and other great artists in this realm~!
Thanks to netgallery.com for the Advance copy of her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment